Dorothy’s Power Foods LLC will be seeking certification as a “B Corporation” (Benefits Corporation) which is a private certification of “social and environmental performance.” That means we’ll seek a fair profit as we operate to meet social sustainability and environmental performance standards, meet accountability standards, and be transparent to the public.
Some of our principles will be:
- A minimum salary that is a living wage
- A goal of zero waste
- A goal of 100% renewable energy sources
- Healthcare benefits to every employee
- Continuing educational/learning for every employee
- Responsible community involvement where we exist
- Respecting diversity, equality, and equal opportunity
- Our value proposition: efficiently get clean, nutritious food where it needs to be.
We’ll achieve this by:
- Locally making and delivering clean, nutritious food items
- Providing fresh, non-GMO, organic, and gluten-free foods
- Creating and offering foods that are adaptable to different nutritional needs and preferred taste
Twenty-five percent of profits will invest in rural senior centers so seniors can commune in safe, modern, networked facilities. Read about our Senior Initiative.