My spouse Sue just started an elimination diet to figure out what foods might be issues for her. She shared her food list with me and I thought "How can anyone follow that?" Research has shown that patient compliance with elimination diets declines as diets become more restrictive.
Some of the common issues and challenges I've uncovered are:
- It is too boring and plain
- It is hard to get enough protein, fiber, and nutrients
- It takes a lot of time to make meals from scratch
I was excited to see the list included the ancient grains and super seeds we use in Dorothy's Power Gruel™! Rolled Oats, Steel-Cut Oats, Amaranth, Buckwheat, Millet, Tri-Color Quinoa, Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), Sunflower Seeds, and ground Flaxseed - all on the list!
And hearing people talk about their concerns and struggles is precisely why we designed The Gruel™ the way we did - basic, super-healthy ingredients that you add ingredients from your pantry or fridge to fit your unique nutritional and taste preferences. We want our customers to have the flexibility and control over improving their health based on their needs, not ours, and really enjoy the food they eat.
This morning, my breakfast was a bowl of Dorothy's Power Gruel™ with oat milk, sunflower seed butter, and sliced bananas. It was filling, energizing, and delicious! And all the ingredients are on the approved food list!
If you are interested in trying Dorothy's Power Gruel™ as part of your elimination diet strategy, here are a couple things to keep in mind:
- All of our ingredients are certified organic, Non-GMO, and gluten-free. However, we prepare our food in a shared kitchen that does make foods with gluten. We strictly follow all food preparation safety rules, but if you must avoid the slightest chance of gluten cross-contamination, you won't want to purchase our foods.
- A challenge with elimination diets is getting a good balance of nutrients. Rather than buy a supplement, The Power Gruel™ is an excellent source of plant protein, fiber, and nutrients. Whether you eat it as a meal or a side, it's a healthy addition to your meal, delivering nutrients the way our bodies were designed to digest them.
- The Power Gruel™ is super affordable. The FDA requires the serving size for cooked cereals to be reported as 1 cup, but most of our customers say that 1/2 cup fills them up. For a 1-cup serving, the cost is $4. For a 1/2-cup serving, the cost is $2. That's less than a breakfast sandwich and cup of coffee at McDonald's (and waaaayyyy healthier).
- Your first order can be $10 off! Just use the code FIRST for $10 off. If you want to just try it out, we have a starter 2-pack that will be just $2 total if you use the code, delivered free!
My Mom, Dorothy Stones, transformed her health in her early 70s after learning she had the same heart condition that claimed her siblings in their early 70s. She lived to age 95.
She knew food was medicine, and remarkable things happen if you return to eating real, whole, healthy food and make some simple lifestyle changes. We can't promise anything, but this approach worked for my Mom, and it's working for me (I have the same heart condition). Best of all, these simple changes don't have to be extreme, time-intensive, or expensive.
Want some inspiration? Read my Mom's 9 rules. Try to apply them each day, even add your own! We've created a fun poster of the 9 rules if you'd like to buy one and support our efforts (must be ordered separately from food).
Dorothy's Power Gruel™ delivers the protein, fiber, and nutrients your body naturally wants, with far more nutrients per bite than a typical oats, rice, or quinoa serving. Just look at this nutrition label and compare it to a typical bowl of oats!
Buy it frozen, ready to warm up and eat in Kansas City (Home Delivery or Market Wagon) or buy the ingredients to DIY (Shipped to any US Address).
Dorothy’s Power Gruel is real, super-nutritious food that tastes good, and you’ll feel full when you’re done eating. It is a part of the small changes that lead to a balanced, enjoyable lifestyle. If you don’t agree that it keeps you feeling filled through the morning, feeling more energetic, and improves your digestion, we’ll give you a full refund, no questions asked.
And to show how committed we are to this, you can go on our site and see the recipe and how to make The Gruel™. The more people that start eating clean, whole foods, the better. That's what we care about. Maybe just share some recipes with us, mkay?
Special for First-Time Customers
We know you’ll love Dorothy’s Power Gruel after you try it, so we created some special offers for our first-time customers.
For Kansas City first-time customers: A 2-pack delivered FREE, right to home or office. Save $10 on your first purchase with the discount code FIRST - that's over 80% off the regular 2-pack price!
- For first-time customers who live outside of Kansas City: you can also apply the discount code FIRST to the DIY kit and save $10!